Saturday, January 06, 2007

Yeah, I know I've been slacking...




So, it has been awhile since I blogged, here we go...

All the holidays were great, I especially enjoyed New Years. John and I had never had company over before, and what better time than New Year's Eve. I finally felt like a grown up; having people over to my house!
I start school Monday and I am so excited. My life has direction now in every aspect, spiritually, emotionally, and professionally. John took me to the campus today and helped me find my classrooms, luckily all my classes are pretty much right next to each other. I plan on apply for the nursing program next spring or possibly this fall. I'll have to see how fast I pick up on homework and testing again.
Dayton is great, I can see his arthritis progressing although and it breaks my heart. He is such a good dog. He is becoming much more protective of me now. A plumber came over for a sewage situation, and apparently the guy was standing too close to me for Dayton's comfort and he started growling at him. The man stepped back and Dayton stopped. Bring on the burglars.
I started a diet Wednesday, so far, so good. No major changes, I like food and I like to cook, so I refuse to starve myself or to stop cooking. I have stopped drinking pop, no mayonnaise, no high fat food, etc. I start working out again Monday. I am looking forward to fitting in my clothes again, comfortably, with no muffin top.
Nothing else has really changed, I have a great husband, whom I love very much, great family--love them too, great friends, ditto on the love, direction in my life, and I am singing again. Life couldn't be better. I am blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you Amy, i'm glad you are doing so well! Good luck with your first day tomorrow - how exciting!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you blogging again. Hope school comes easy for you. We have an awesome God, don't we?