Friday, September 19, 2008

Cooking

I have tried a few new things and thought I would pass them on. I am not a huge fan of boxed meals but have tried a few due to some great coupons! Wanchai Ferry, an Asian cuisine meal kit was the first kit I tried. I must say, quite delicious. It took about thirty minutes to make. I only had to add chicken, water, oil, and bell peppers. It was inexpensive, about $3 with a coupon. I would give it 5 stars for a kit meal and 3 stars for a meal in general.
The next I tried was a Macaroni Meal kit. These must have made an impression on me, we have now tried 3 different kinds, Chicken Alfredo, Chicken Marsala, and Basil Chicken. All three needed the typical add ins, chicken, oil or butter, and water. They all took about 30 minutes to cook and were fairly easy. The alfredo was way too creamy for John and I's taste, the marsala was our favorite and made me feel like a 5 star chef, and the basil was delicious but was a bit too spicy (not in a hot way) for me. I rate them as follows Alfredo 3 stars, Marsala 5 stars, Basil 4 stars.
A great website for recipes is www.allrecipes.com. It rates all the recipes and gives helpful hints.

No comments: