Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back to life, back to reality...

I can't remember who sings that song. Anyway, back to school tomorrow. The first few days out of school I really missed it, but that wore off quickly. My spring break consisted of:

-Ben's cousin Abram came and stayed with him Sunday.
-Monday we drove down to Blanchard to see my new niece and do what I could to help
my sister out around her house.
-Tuesday we drove back home in the afternoon and went to bed really early!
-Wednesday I went and got a hot rock pedicure (a gift from John) and went shopping! I really like to shop, but I must admit after having Ben shopping just isn't the same. Buying for myself isn't as enjoyable and my "Mom body" is sometimes hard to find clothes to fit. I did find John some new jeans, never an easy task, 36x36 are hard to find, and I was able to find some large tall shirts. I of course had to buy some new clothes for Ben too!
-Thursday we stayed at home. John grilled a pork loin and I cooked a potato casserole and green beans. It was delicious!
-Friday I took Ben to get his haircut, made a quick run to Walmart for Easter basket items, and headed off to John's work to meet him for lunch. From there I went to the eye doctor and Ben and John went to the park to enjoy the great weather. After the eye doc, I went to my hair appointment. The lady washed, cut, dried and styled my hair in 25 minutes. It was incredible. It usually takes over an hour.
-Saturday John left for Houston and the snow began. Snow is torture when you have a toddler. You feel like a prisoner.
I was able to squeeze in homework here and there, but really do not feel prepared for school to start. I did enjoy my break!

No comments: