Tuesday, August 05, 2008

This and That

I went to a cooking class on Saturday and it was so much fun! One of the chefs from Akin's came to our Church to do a class. I didn't realize they do cooking classes at Akin's bimonthly at no charge. They only do it at the 51st and Memorial store, but if it is anything like the class on Saturday, it would be well worth the drive. A few tid bits I learned: If you cook pasta and put in a ziploc bag it is good for ten days (perfect if you need a quick dinner one night), Smart Balance "butter" is the best diet margarine to use cooking, spray cheese on top of casseroles, pizzas, etc. with PAM before cooking and it prevents it from hardening and sticking together, try using organic tomatoes if you have problems with reflux, if a recipe calls for whipping cream you can use milk with 2 tbl spoons of cornstarch, you can dry your own fresh herbs by laying on a paper towel, leaf by leaf, cover with another paper towel and microwave for 5 minutes, cooked then frozen pasta is good for 6 weeks, spaghetti is the cheapest meal to cook for a lot of people. I also got four new recipes. We tried them after the class and they were delicious and easy to make.
Benjamin is really enjoying his baby food, maybe too much. I have no idea how much he is suppose to eat. I figured when he is full he will stop eating, but he just keeps opening his mouth. He has his 6th month (I know already 6 months!) appointment next Thursday. He is becoming such a big boy. His new favorite toy is Dayton. He loves Dayton. He talks to and laughs more at Dayt than me or John.
I start school in less than two weeks. My stomach churns thinking about it. I am very excited, but am realizing how different being a student will be now that I have a child.
Well, thats it in the LeMaster's household. I hope everyone is doing well.

3 comments:

jessica said...

That cooking class sounds like fun. Let me know when you go next and maybe I can go too.

Jenny said...

MUST post recipies! I STILL use your BBQ chicken easy one;)

Shelly Collins said...

Good stuff! I wish I had time for a cooking class!