Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Traveling Weekend



On Friday John and I decided to drive to Blanchard to see his friend Joe's new baby. While we were there I wanted to stop by Cancer Care to see Ana and to show off my handsome little boy. We also wanted to stop by and see Jenny and the boys. We left Tulsa at 10AM, stopped at Cancer Care at noon, was at Jenny's from 2:00PM to 6:00PM and was at Joe's from 6:00PM to 9:00PM and arrived back in Tulsa at midnight. It was a long day. Ben was awesome (for the most part). He was pretty cranky at Aunt Jenny's, but I think he was just trying to be louder than her boys combined! The trip back to Tulsa was the longest for me and the worst part. I am petrified of being in the car in the rain. I can't think of a word strong enough to explain the fear I have of being in the car when it rains.
Saturday morning we left to go to the family reunion at Feyodi Park at Keystone. Awesome Food. I had told John how wonderful the food was and the large quantity. He was not disappointed. I love being around family. Good food, good weather, good family, great time.
Sunday we went to Checotah for Father's Day. We left the house around 10:30AM and got to Checotah at 11:30AM. We were greeted by Dayton who had stayed the weekend with Grammy Pat and Papa Rodger. Benjamin woke up early from his nap, so I knew I was in for a long day. Pat had two kittens she had been feeding baby formula to that I got to see; teeny, tiny little things. John's grandma Johnnie Marie came over and ate lunch and I got to meet Matt's girlfriend. We left the LeMaster's farm around 7:00 and stopped by John's aunt and uncles. Benjamin got to play a little bit with his cousin Jonathan, who is 8 months old. The day was filled with good food, good weather, and good family.
I was glad to be home.
Today Ben had his four month appointment. He is a healthy little boy. He is about 50th percentile on height and weight, The shots we not horribly bad and developmentally he is right on track.

No comments: